Thanksgiving Chef Recipe
Roasted Cauliflower with Whipped Feta and Cranberry Almond Relish
“I started eating only plant-based until I was around 23 years
old. This made endless challenges for my mom especially when
it came to the holidays. This dish honors my mom’s yearly efforts
and gives the vegetarians in your life the love they deserve.”- Chef Matt Bell
>Printable recipe for your personal cookbook
· 1 head cauliflower, whole, stem trimmed and leaves removed
· 500g dry white wine
· 100g olive oil plus more for serving
· 50g kosher salt
· 1ea lemon
· 10g crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
· 10g honey
· 1 bay leaf
· 2qt water or enough to cover
· Heat oven to 475° F.
· Bring wine, oil, salt, lemon juice, butter, red pepper flakes, honey, bay leaf, and 8 cups water to a boil in a large pot.
· Lower in cauliflower, reduce heat, and simmer, turning occasionally, for 15 minutes.
· Using 2 slotted spoons, transfer cauliflower to a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan, draining well.
· Roast, rotating pan halfway through, until brown all over, 30 to 40 minutes.
· Transfer cauliflower to a plate. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with sea salt. Serve with whipped goat cheese (recipe below).
· 1c crumbled feta
· 2c cream cheese
· 1 clove garlic microplaned
· Fresh cracked pepper to taste
· Zest of one lemon
· Combine in a bowl with a fork until spreadable.
Cranberry Almond Relish
· 1 cup dried cranberries
· 3/4 cup sugar
· 3/4 cup water
· 1 star anise
· 1 cup chopped celery leaves reserved for garnish
· 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
· Simmer sugar, water, star anise, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a heavy medium saucepan for five minutes. Pour the liquid over the cranberries and let plump for 20 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cool completely.
· Just before serving, stir in celery and almonds.